Open Sessions: Psychodrama 101
Psychodrama can help you uncover the things of past, present and future that will lead to new insights and fresh perspectives.
Our Open Sessions are beginner-friendly! They’re a great way to discover what Psychodrama is about and how you can benefit from it. Attendance at an open session is a pre-requisite to join any of our ongoing groups.
Attendance at an open session is a prerequisite to join any of our Personal Growth Groups.
Each Psychodrama includes:
- The protagonist: Person(s) selected to “represent the theme” of the group in the drama; the person whose story or issue will get re-enacted.
- The auxiliary egos: Group members who assume the roles of significant others in the drama
- The audience: Group members who witness the drama and represent the world at large.
- The stage: The physical space in which the drama is conducted
- The director: The trained psychodramatist, who guides participants through each phase of the session.
Sharmini Winslow has a Masters in Counselling and is a Certified Psychodramatist (CP) and Practitioner Applicant for Trainer (PAT) with the ABE or American Board of Examiners. She has trained with the Hudson Valley Psychodrama Institute and AANZPA (Aotearoa Australian and New Zealand Psychodrama Association).