Personal Growth Groups
In our Personal Growth Groups individuals experience Psychodrama, sociometry, role training, spontaneity within a group setting. Group members express their inner worlds and the obstacles that get in the way o them living more fulfilling lives. With the guidance of a Psychodrama Director, they face their issues, undo and redo their past, thus recreating a more satisfying present. This as a result, facilitates insight, personal growth, spontaneity, self-discovery, and integration of the mind, body and emotions.
Typical Schedule: Once a week for 6 weeks.
Attendance at an open session is a prerequisite to join any of our Personal Growth Groups.
Each Psychodrama includes:
- The protagonist: Person(s) selected to “represent the theme” of the group in the drama; the person whose story or issue will get re-enacted.
- The auxiliary egos: Group members who assume the roles of significant others in the drama
- The audience: Group members who witness the drama and represent the world at large.
- The stage: The physical space in which the drama is conducted
- The director: The trained psychodramatist, who guides participants through each phase of the session.
Sharmini Winslow has a Masters in Counselling and is a Certified Psychodramatist (CP) and Practice As Trainer (PAT) with the ABE or American Board of Examiners. She has trained with the Hudson Valley Psychodrama Institute and AANZPA (Aotearoa Australian and New Zealand Psychodrama Association).