In his psychodrama theory of human development, Jacob Moreno believed that early relationships shape our future roles and ability to be spontaneous. From the early stages of life, we learn to “double” and “mirror” people we are in relationship with. We eventually learn to “role reverse” with others and develop empathy. If this process is disrupted by trauma, dysfunction or addiction, we develop maladaptive ways of relating to others, often resulting in isolation and loss of confidence in our abilities to form truly meaningful connections.
In this 6-week course*, we will look at our strengths, developed through adversity and examine our vain attempts to continue pursuing relationships in the old ways we used to. Using a multi-sensory approach of psychodrama, journaling and guided visualisations this course will enhance your functionality in everyday life. As we discover new and spontaneous ways of being with others, we experience our relationships being reimagined.
- Discovering My Inner Strengths
- Identifying Old Relationship Narratives
- Processing My Loss
- Doing, Undoing, Redoing
- Forgiving and Moving Forward
- Reimagining My Future Relationships
*A prerequisite of basic understanding of Psychodrama is needed via attending one of our Introduction Workshops/Open Sessions or equivalent. Our next Introduction Workshop is on 15 April 2021. Sign up here: https://psychodramaopensession.peatix.com/
ABOUT OUR TRAINER
Sharmini Winslow is a Certified Psychodramatist (CP) and Practice As Trainer (PAT) with the ABE or American Board of Examiners. She has trained with the Hudson Valley Psychodrama Institute and AANZPA (Aotearoa Australian and New Zealand Psychodrama Association).
Her background in Performing Arts (BA) and Counseling (MC) influenced her to develop a dynamic and innovative form of group therapy. Sharmini is the Director of Psychodrama Singapore and as the first CP in Singapore is passionate about pioneering this action method in Singapore. Under the umbrella of Promises Healthcare, she has run various programs for a range of organizations, including:Changi Women’s Prison
- The We Care Centre
- Singapore General Hospital
- KK Hospital
- Executives in Corporations and Banks
- Breast Cancer Foundation
- Dayspring Girls’ Home
- Jamiyah Children’s Home
- Singapore Girl’s Home
- The Ministry of Education
- LaSalle College of the Arts.
- Starts 30 Apr 2021 (Once a week, every Friday, for 8 weeks) | 6.30pm – 8.30pm
- $450 per pax for 6 sessions (limited to 7 pax per group)
- bluebell room, 10 Sinaran Drive, #11-16, Novena medical centre, Singapore 307506
- Write to email@example.com for any queries or added details.
- Purchase tickets here: https://relationshipreimagined2.peatix.com/